Why Japanese Cinema?
It is a “lean-in” time for Japanese (and Asian) content in Hollywood. Japan is receiving more and more attention due to the increasing popularity of Anime, the Tokyo Olympics and other pop-culture crazes like Pokemon. Movies such as “Crazy Rich Asians” are helping to increase interest in Asian content are becoming more and more mainstream. The time is now!
Japan Cuts Hollywood Purpose
• To promote Japanese Content and Culture to the US and the World
• People who know and have interest in Japan
• People who don’t know Japan, create new “fans” of Japan
• To introduce Japanese Talent (actors, directors, writers, etc) to Hollywood and the World
• To introduce unique Japanese formats to Hollywood and the World
Japan Cuts Hollywood Background
• Japan Cuts Hollywood is presented by Japan America Society (JASSC) of Southern California
• JASSC is a membership organization dedicated to building meaningful relationships between Japanese and Americans. It is a 501(c)3 non-profit, charitable and educational organization
• Founded in 1909, JASSC was the first “bridge” between California and Japan!
• JASSC has held screenings of popular movies such as Godzilla and Hachiko
• JASSC includes 150 corporate members and nearly 2,000 individual mem
• Japan Cuts Hollywood is presented as a sister event of Japan Cuts in New York